I soaked the beans overnight and then cooked them on low in the slow cooker today. When I got home, it only took about 15 minutes to finish putting the soup together, and dinner was served.
Creamy Cannelini Beans and Kale Soup
- 1 1/2 cups cannelini beans, soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4-5 kale leaves, chopped
- 4 cups water, vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
This recipe is from www.andreabeaman.com, with minor adaptations.