Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coco-Choco-PB Energy Bites

Coco-Choco-PB Energy Bites

Last night after dinner I was really wanting a chocolate or sweet treat and my food supply was sadly missing anything along those lines.  Usually I can find something for my sweet tooth that is satisfying and healthy, even if its a tablespoon of peanut butter, but alas I was also out of that.  It was a little late and too rainy to run to the store, and I made do with a cup of tea.

So today I decided to whip up some healthy, tasty  tidbits of chocolatey goodness to keep in the fridge or freezer for the next time my sweet tooth kicked in.  They turned out really well and are very satisfying as well as very easy to make.  All the ingredients are healthy too, so win/win for me!

Here is the simple recipe

These are dairy-free, gluten-free and raw.  You could also substitute a different natural sweetener if needed.  So simple, here is the recipe:

1-1/2 cups shredded organic coconut
1/2 cup organic cocoa powder or cacao
1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil (melt if needed)
1/4 cup organic agave nectar
2 tablespoons organic Crunchy Peanut or Almond Butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt

Stir all this together until well mixed and shape into balls.  You can cover with a little finely shredded coconut if desired (I used the Vita-Mix to make the coconut flakes very fine).  Keep in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment